Fancy working with an energetic, friendly, and supportive award-winning company?
Then look no further, we have the job for you!
If you’re a hardworking individual with experience in leaf identification and harvesting. We have the job for you!
Working for our ZAA and Eco-Tourism accredited Wildlife Park in the stunning area of Port Stephens, NSW! is pretty awesome. We are looking for a Casual team player who strives for the best. A driven individual with knowledge and experience in leaf identification and safe use of tools, applicable to harvest browse.
Our leaf-cutting team are responsible for acquiring & cutting specific leaf/browse for our resident Koalas, Lumholtz Tree Kangaroos, and other native animals. We strive to perform our duties in a WH&S-friendly environment while having fun, and working hard as part of a dynamic team.
A successful applicant will have a demonstrated ability to work in a high-performance environment, with a capacity to deliver all requirements of the role, great work ethic and the ability to work to a high standard independently and within a team.
This Casual position will play a crucial role in supporting a diverse range of animals by gathering and delivering high-quality leaves for our native wildlife collection.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Driving around the Port Stephens region, using our designated vehicle to collect and transport leaf from various locations back to Oakvale Wildlife Park.
- Operation and general maintenance of machinery associated with browse collection.
- Inspect/Report any vehicle/equipment issues/damage.
- Maintain records. Keeping a well-informed daily diary of leaf species acquired.
- Report and communicate with Supervisor/s.
- Maintain correct cleaning/sharpening procedures of equipment.
- Maintain relevant vehicles and equipment.
- Adhere to our policies and procedures.
- Available to work from 7:30am to 11am (rotating roster) including, public holidays & NSW school holidays.
- Excellent personal presentation and a high level of communication skills.
- Satisfactory and suitable level of fitness and well-being to safely perform the duties.
- Demonstrate exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Self-motivated and have a positive attitude.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work well as a team and unsupervised.
- Ability to engage with members of the public offsite and guests within the park.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Maintain professional relationships with stakeholders.
- Experience operating machinery, such as 4WDs, pole saws/chainsaws.
- Hold current Manual Driver’s Licence.
- Exceptional leaf identification.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
Desirable but not essential
- Current First Aid Qualifications.
- Working with children’s check
- Any other relevant certificates/licenses.
Please forward your cover letter and resume highlighting the necessary skills and knowledge outlined in the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org; attention Curator—applications close on Sunday, 24th December 2023.