Well, Oakvale Wildlife Park could be just the thing for you. Our volunteer program provides an opportunity for people to acquire new skills, experience new things and learn more about working with animals in exchange for a regular commitment to our team of one day per week.
This type of volunteer work will enable you to participate in the daily operations of the park and experience the variety of duties involved in working in a privately owned zoo such as Oakvale Wildlife Park.
Each volunteer must:
- 18 years of age or older
- Commit to one day per week on the same day each week from 8.30am to 5.00pm
- Have included a medical certificate from your local GP confirming you are fit to work independently in a mentally and physically demanding environment
- Willing to work outside in all weather conditions
- Capable of performing physically demanding tasks without supervision
- Have clear communication skills
- Dress appropriately including sturdy enclosed footwear
- Ability to work independently and follow at times complex instructions
- Participate in duties that may involve unpleasant odours and/or getting dirty
- Be able to liaise with the public if and when required
- Pay a $50 non-refundable deposit in exchange for an Oakvale volunteer shirt
- Undergo a 4 week trial period in which your suitability for the program will be assessed
Please download the form prior to completing it and attach it to your email along with the other documents required.
Great for students who are:
- TAFE Students who are enrolled in an animal-related course (e.g. Companion Animals, Captive Animals)
- University Students who are enrolled in an animal-related course (e.g. Animal Science, Agriculture)
Please note: Based on Oakvale’s duty of care, Management reserve the right to terminate a volunteer's placement without warning if the behaviour, attitude or appearance of the student is not in keeping with the company's policies or expectations.