Well, Oakvale Wildlife Park could be just the thing for you. Our volunteer program provides an opportunity for people to acquire new skills, experience new things and learn more about working with animals in exchange for a regular commitment to our team of one day per week.
This type of volunteer work will enable you to participate in the daily operations of the park and experience the variety of duties involved in working in a privately owned zoo such as Oakvale Wildlife Park.
Each volunteer must:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Commit to one day per week on the same day each week from 9.00am to 4.00pm
- Be able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Capable of performing physically demanding tasks
- Dress appropriately
- Have included a medical certificate from your local GP confirming you are fit to work in a physically demanding environment
- Participate in duties that may involve unpleasant odours and/or getting dirty
- Be able to liaise with the public if and when required
- Pay a $50 non-refundable deposit in exchange for an Oakvale volunteer shirt
- Undergo a 4 week trial period in which your suitability for the program will be assessed
- 3 consecutive days initial induction and training